Hearing Loss Symptoms, Risks & Prevention
Do You Have Hearing Loss?
Do any of these apply to you?
- I have trouble understanding what people are saying.
- I often ask people to repeat themselves.
- I have trouble understanding conversations when there’s background noise, for example, at a restaurant or in a busy workplace.
- I avoid social situations because I have trouble following the conversation.
- I turn up the TV and radio to levels that others tell me is loud.
- I often have ringing in my ears.
- I hear in one ear better than the other.
- I’ve been told that I have a hearing problem.
Is Hearing Loss Treatable?
The good news? Most hearing loss is mild and treatable. There’s no reason to tough it out or to feel left out when you could be getting more from life.
How many people suffer from hearing loss?
Of course, you can’t stop the clock. But you can treat hearing loss. With the right hearing treatment plan and hearing aid, you’ll be able to turn up the volume on everything. You can stop asking people to repeat themselves. You can turn down the TV so your next-door neighbors aren’t hearing it, too. With treatment, you’ll be able to participate in the activities you enjoy and live to the fullest again.
We treat our patients like our own family because we recognize that hearing well is important in all of your relationships!
Check out more reviews to see how our patients feel about our service.
How Does The Ear Work
The middle ear has three small bones, often referred to as the hammer, the anvil and the stirrup, and the eardrum. The middle ear has an important job: to amplify sound. If any of the middle ear’s parts get disrupted, significant hearing loss can result.
Hearing: The Inside Story
Certain drugs, diseases, noise or simply aging can damage hair cells. Once these hair cells are gone, you can’t use Rogaine to make them grow back. But hearing aids can help compensate.
If you’re experiencing hearing loss, we’re here to help. We can determine what’s not working as well as it should be. We’ll explain your options and help you choose the best solution for your hearing needs and your lifestyle.